AMCAL General Contractors, Inc. is a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, and is seeking an individual to fill the position of Construction Project Accountant.
Candidates for the Construction Project Accountant position should have a minimum of 5 years of construction accounting experience.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office, Excel and Sage 300 “Timberline” accounting system, and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’s long-term success.
Familiarity with Textura Payment Management and Procore is a plus.
This is a mid-level accounting position reporting to the Accounting Manager.
• Process all payables for both the GC and Developer.
• Process all draws for the GC and developer, including preparing the G702/03, all GC releases and the developer bank lender sheet. Multiple lenders may be involved.
• Maintain the GC and Developer job costs and budgets (internal and lender), under the direction of the Development Project Manager and Construction Project Manager.
• Process all checks and ACH payments for the GC and the Developer.
• Collect all lien releases and paperwork for the GC.
• Enter all contracts, change orders, insurance, and licenses for the GC and developer once received from the contract administrator.
• Prepare all monthly financials (Balance sheet, income statement, bank reconciliations trial balance, GL and job cost) for assigned projects, including processing and posting interest and balancing the AMCAL books to the loan statements.
• Provide reports to CPA when a written checklist of items needed is provided for cost certifications and other audits, etc.
• Write up journal entries for partnership/loan closings, land closings, etc. that have detailed explanation and have them approved and signed by the Director of Project Accounting
• Set up and maintain any due diligence projects assigned.
• Applicant must have a very strong Construction Accounting background.
• A strong Development Accounting background is very helpful.
• Multi-Family Accounting experience is very helpful.
• At least 5 years work experience in Construction Accounting and/or coursework in a field supporting the job.
• Experience with a Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) developer helpful.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
• Position is based in Agoura Hills, CA (not remote) – relocation not covered.
• A criminal background check and review of current driving record will be required.
- Salary – DOE.
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense.
- Life Insurance.
- 401k participation with matching up to 5% of your base salary or $7000 whichever is less. Matching begins in 2022 and the match for 2022 will be made in Feb. 2023.
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years. Four weeks leave thereafter.
- Nine paid holidays.
- Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.
- No phone calls, please
- Please email a cover letter and resume to jgordon@AMCALhousing.com
AMCAL General Contractors, Inc.
AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies, is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California and Texas including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. The Company was founded in 1978. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL General Contractors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.